Blog #10: Course Reflection

During the course of EDU 3650, I learned a great deal about how the education system works, as well as the students involved. I thought this course helped me navigate through basic teacher understandings. For example, learning about Social Emotional/ Mindfulness in blog #6 talked about how as educators we should give our students time to talk about their feelings and open up. That way students feel safe in the space within their classroom and comfortable opening up to their peers and teachers. Learning about Mindfulness taught me to always treat my students with my heart first. Listen and learn from them. Some other blogs that stuck out to me from this course were the previous one blog #9 where it talked about the parent to teacher relationships. I loved that we were able to actually learn how to make connections with parents. It's easy to say "send emails to parents to keep in touch" but actually learning ways on how to positively communicate with parents through the Remind App, Weekly review flyers, class parties, and even quick text messages goes a long way. Learning about these simple communication tools can help me in my future classroom. Another blog that I thought was important to learn about was blog #5, Poverty and Homelessness. This assignment made me realize there are students out there that have no one but themselves. Therefore school needs to be their safe space. When learning that I know now that my future classroom will be prepared in that aspect. If I do have a student in that situation, I can stay after school to work on homework with them, and provide them with simple toiletries. Thus giving them a safe place where they are always welcomed. Those are just some of the many topics that will stick with me throughout my teaching career. Learning how to be an outreach and available for my students is a huge accomplishment I want to achieve. This course has helped mold me into a better and more understanding educator for my future students.

Vlog Post Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbdPOgnchwk







References 


Leisure. (2012, June 22). Schools Out. https://clickonenglish.blogspot.com/2012/06/schools-out-for-            

            summer-end-of-2011-2012.html

Comments